This 175-foot tall light was first lit in 1887. The original name Mosquito Inlet and then Ponce de Leon Inlet, was finally change in 1963, by tourism minded area leaders, to Ponce Inlet.
The lighthouse, keeper?s dwelling, oil storage building, and grounds of this much visited landmark have been meticulously restored by the Ponce de Leon Inlet Preservation Association.
Located 6 miles south of Daytona Beach at the mouth of the Halifax River, this lighthouse is rich is history and stories. Open to the public, there is a lovely gift shop, nearby restaurants, and a marvelous view to the south of New Smyrna Beach and beyond to the rocket gantries of Cape Canaveral.